Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any problems with the ETEQ chipset?

I would like to get a new SS7 mobo and the
    SOYO SY5-EMA+ looks very attractive.There have been some posts about problems with
    VIA and aLi chipsets regarding bus mastering and other factors affecting video capture and editing.Any known problems with the ETEQ chipset on this MB? From my research it appears that some people had trouble with the AGP slot but I didn't hear about any other consistent issues.If anybody is using it in a video system I would love to hear about their experience.
    Thanks.

Hi iancu,

The first motherboard on my secondary system was Soyo 5EHM, and it had an annoying problem with rebooting.

If I just pushed the Reset button, or let W98 handle the reboots, the booting would freeze just about halfway through.

No AGP 2x, but was running fine at 1x.

Changed the board to DFI-P5BV3+ and the rebooting problems went away, still no AGP 2x though.

Some years back I thought the Soyo boards were the choice for a "no-nonsence" business system (not too overclocking friendly), but with the ETEQ (VIA) chipset they have all the same problems that other VIA boards have.

Pertti

[This message has been edited by Pertti (edited 09-19-1999).]

Comment

Working...
    X