Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.21 won't SiN?

Hello all,
    I've discovered that the sound in SiN (most recent patches) doens't work in a way that could at worst be called properly. No speech, some effects, half the gun noises etc.

Any other expereriences or work arounds?

------------------
    PII-350, 128 PC-100, G200 (sgram), DXR-2 DVD, SB128, Soundworks
    Never eat anything bigger than your head.

I have an vortex2 based sound card and I got exactly what you said the last LAN party I went to. I had just installed Sin (like version 1.01) and enabled 3d sound and half the sounds wouldn't play from then on. I played like this for hours before I just broke down and went nuts. I dunno what the hell I did to fix it, but it never did it again since. Try disabling 3d sound and use compatability instead of acceleration. See if it's any different. If not, disable directsound acceleration in windows, etc... stuff like that. Keep playing with it.. maybe you'll get lucky like I did. Latest patch and latest drivers seem to work decent for me right now, although there's alot of visual problems with the g400 ICD and sin (version 1.05). The sky textures are giving a hall of mirrors effect when they meet the ceiling among other things, but that's another story.

Comment

Really? I had no idea that Sin would even run in D3D! I'll have to check that out when I get home.

Until the installation of 5.21, the game ran just fine in OGL. A little slow in 1024*768, but playable. I'd love to get my sound back to enjoy playing it with the marginal extra speed from 5.21.

RoM?? Any ideas??

Comment

I can only play SiN in d3d, which sucks big... any OGL operation and the game crashes... Tried patch 1.01 and patch 1.03 and none works...

Also: With the G400 the game wouldn't even get into any menu...

Jorden.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Okay, tried it again with my G200. Can play OGL again, up to 1024x768.

But now my mouse refuses to do anything else but the left&right movement... any idea's??

I use PD5.21.017 now, on my G200.

Maybe I should skip patch 1.01 again when I reinstall the game... worked last time

Jorden
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Had a dig through SiN again last night, and you know what? I sure couldn't find any option that would allow me to run in D3D!

Anyway, I tried just about every sound option I could think of with no improvement, so I think it's re-install time.

Mej se hezky!

Comment

well, maybe I said it wrong... if you use the software renderer (thus I thought it might be d3d ), it looks ugly...

Jorden, still not done with his mouse problems, so probably in for a reinstall as well... will leave out the 1.01 patch this time

MURCby's for sale from 2/2/2000

Comment

solved....

if you have mouseproblems, skip the 1.01 18 Meg patch, and patch 1.00 directly with 1.03, even if it asks for 1.01 first!!!

Could be the same for the sound problems... otherwise kill the cache on your CD-ROM from within Windows.

Jorden.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                X