G200 + HalfLife= Evil???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 + HalfLife= Evil???????

Im just rediscovering the joys of halflife??
    last time i played it was on a voodoo 2 SLI
    now im left with my G200, i thought most games would be poop but especially with the recently drivers things are looking up
    EVEN LATEST GAMES LIKE Q3, Driver Demo, and Prince of Persia 3d, all are smooth enough to play, (about 25-30)
    but now back to half life..

Ive seen posts dealing with G400 probs, and a reference to a G200 known problem and subsequent patch??
    but where is it
    in OpenGL its mostly fine, multiplayer too, but in Direct 3d... it has a jerking spazm kinda effect which occasionly occurs in OGL and for some reason i have NO sound when i go in water??
    i have a P2 450, Marvel G200 128mg ram
    UDMA hard drives, Sound Blaster live..
    Can anyone help fix my sound or Graphics prob???
    and does anyone know how SHOGO plays on G200????
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Creative Labs fixed a HL+SB sound problem a looong time ago with a patch. Go over to www.creativelabs.com and grab the latest SB Live patch and liveware 2.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I've asked this same question here, but no one seemed to have an answer for it.

Bill
      People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

thanks for the help,
        ive been to creative labs, and the sierra half life site but neither have any mention of a patch or incompatabilitys.
        I reinstalled half life from fresh, and updated straight away to 1.0.13 (i think, click auto update and wait an hour or so :O)
        anyhow it runs fine apart form losing all sound when in water... but it didnt do that prior to the patch?? is this your prob too?

also regarding D3D, i think its a Z-buffer problem, i noticed it on Shogo, AVP, and Need For Speed-High Stakes... when i enabled the 32-bit z buffer in the matrox display options, then redetected the card using 3d setup on NFS, it now runs fine, and has some of the most impressive effetcs ive ever seen lighting and car wise (cant you tell i like it) lol
        anyhow i havent tried it on the other games, but i presume they would be ok??

when i had 32 bit z buffer off on NFS, whenever the software z-buffer was switched off, it imediatly solved the problem... does this help you at all?
        what other probs do you have???
        Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Working...
        X