G400 and Unreal trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and Unreal trouble

hello all, as you can see, I'm the newguy!
    just got a G400(regular,not max)OEM w/32mb.
    also got the 5.21 latest drivers.
    the card cannot seem to run Unreal at anything other than the lowest res in a small window. If I try to go fullscreen with it, it crashes and Win98 displays a GPF message. My desktop setting and game settings are the same, 1024x768@85hz refresh.
    The Voodoo3 2000 this card replaced had no trouble running the heck out of any game at these settings. I've tried changing display device and driver settings in Unreal, but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

Hey "newguy" unless your name is Tim Sweeney or Mark Reign, you have done nothing wrong. Unreal was coded for Glide. No matter what Sweeney does or says it is a game that runs the best on glide.

The best thing to do is reinstall and try D3D. thats the best that you can hope for. It works but its nowhere as smooth as that V3.

Nice to meet one of the 25 people left in the world that still play Unreal !

Comment

Repatch with the 225 f

If you find your "Unreal.ini file in your system folder, open and scroll down to
      this group.

I have found that when I am in D3D i cant get to the Options menu (advanced options)
      Its a mess...

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
      Translucency=True
      VolumetricLighting=True
      ShinySurfaces=True
      Coronas=True
      HighDetailActors=True
      UseMipmapping=True
      UseTrilinear=False
      UseMultitexture=True
      UsePageFlipping=True
      UsePalettes=True
      UseFullscreen=True
      UseGammaCorrection=True
      UseDetailTextures=True
      Use3dfx=False
      UseTripleBuffering=True

The line Use3dfx=False has to say False

[This message has been edited by LAMFDTK (edited 09-07-1999).]

Comment

yeah, that's a weird bug on the g400/unreal so far. When you try to use advanced options in d3d fullscreen mode, it's supposed to go to a windowed mode with an advanced options windows beside it but doesn't. Your stuck with fullscreen and the advanced options menu can't be seen or drawn this way. Your best bet is to learn how to edit the unreal.ini like he said. It's pretty straight forward anyway...

Comment

... or to start unreal in safe mode everytime you want to change anything, close it and start it again.

Comment

Unreal runs on my G400 (16MB OEM) but whenever I go to Advanced Options I get a lot of flickering. If I turn off PageFlipping (i.e. set to False), I can't even see the Advanced Options, only Unreal in a window.

Had the same problem with CL Graphics Blaster Riva TNT2 Value card.

I guess it's a D3D problem as Unreal runs fine on my V3 3000.

Comment

Working...
            X