System Shock 2 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Shock 2 problem

From the momment I installed the 5.21 drivers, "System Shock 2" looks bad.
    All the doors wash out and change, I think you would call this tearing. also happens places other then doors. Please reply if you are having the same problems.

Celeron 300a (overcloaked and not)
    Motherboard: "ASUS P2B"
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    G400 MAX
    Retail Version of "System Shock 2"

Looking throught the forum, I noticed several places with replies to messages from people having the same problem as me. However I have not seen anyone acknowledge the problem. So mainly I thought it needed its own topic.
    Its the only game I play now and I would like it fixed. Please.
    BuGGz
    ASUS P2B
    P3-450 clocked at 600 (4.5x133)
    Matrox G400 Max
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    128 megs PC100 sdram
    Winderz 98

Yes, System Shock 2 has problems with 5.21 which were not there in 5.13/15. The tearing on doors you notice is present for me, as are gamma problems (it resets when the system switches from res to res).

G400 32 OEM
    ABIT BE6
    256 megs

bert
    G400 32 D/H, PIII650@840, ABIT-BE6II, MX300

Comment

On my system also the sound "chuckles". I have a Soundblaster 64 gold. anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks in advance,
      Fish.

Comment

Yes, I too have the same "ripping" problems in SS2 with v5.21. I reinstalled v5.13 and evething is back to normal. Until I need to run upcoming OGL games (Q3 and Unreal engine games but not Q3 nor Unreal tourney), I will keep the v5.21. Does anyone know if there is a SS2 patch .plan out there. Wonder if it will address the problem with Matrox's new driver?

Also has anyone had a problem running Roller Coaster Tycoon at 1024x768 res on the G400?

Lfan

P3-450 @ 558
        256 MB
        G400 OEM
        SB Live! Value
        P3-450@558 on ABIT BE-6, G400 DH (drv. 5.30), 256MB RAM, SBLive! Value, Win98 SE

Comment

Working...
        X