G400 and Half-life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and Half-life

I have recently bought a new Matrox Millenium G400 32 Mb. Earlier I had a Matrox Productiva G100 and a Skywell Voodoo2 card. Now that i have my G400 I can't play Half-life with OpenGL very well. I play a ordinary Multiplayer game with no others, in 640*480 and it is so slow! it is much worse than my voodoo2 card.
    I have a PII 350 with 96 Mb RAM, and before i switched i had a good framerate in HL.
    I have updated to 5.21, and i used the uninstaller i got from matrox. What is wrong?
    I know from the TECH DEMO that it isnt the card so it must be the drivers, but i am a newbie on things like theere so please help!

I almost forgot, I can play HL with d3d and good framerates. only problems with OGL..

Comment

Go to G200.com, and look at the headline. Apparently, Matrox goofed and put the wrong OGL ICD in with the latest drivers. I personally haven't seen any issues with the latest drivers (I JUST got my G400Max yesterday), and I've been playing Q3A with it, and (to me at least) it's REALLY fast. Then again, I've got a P3-450 running at 504....

Comment

Working...
      X