Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Descent 3 patch is out- What about EMBM support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descent 3 patch is out- What about EMBM support?

Yes it does have EMBM support and once again here's a howto how to get EMBM in Descent 3:

1- Install the patch (i assume everyone knows how to do so)
    2- add "-bumped" to the command-line options which is the Misc tab when you click on Setup
    3- We have bumped the robots and your ship, however to see your ship you need to apply a cheat code to get in chase view, simply type
    "BYEBYEMONKEY" anywhere in the game and it will toggle your view to "Chase View". You will definitely see the bump effect on your ship, to get a better effect hit "H" key to turn on your headlight and watch the bump on the back of the ship and the front. While playing the game you will see that the bots are bumped, actually you will see it cause they will be shinier, of course you have to get closer without dying to see it

If anyone have any problems let me know...

On a sidenote, we have fixed some corruptions with the game, if anyone noticed occasional black boxes were shown, that is fixed in the patch.
    We also added 32-bit Z support for G400 by using the command-line-option: -z32bit

Regards,

------------------
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Great!! I will get it this weekend hopefully.
    p3-500, 128mb, g400max, wd hd, promise, 3com

Comment

impressive tech support. I've just bought the game, and the MAX is on it's way ¦ )

ROM, you're tha man.

Cheers,
      Fish.

Comment

Can someone please post a couple of screen shots?

Thanks a lot.

BenM

------------------
        PII 300 O/C'ed to 374, Abit LX6, 64Mb RAM, SBLive!, and a G400 32Mb DH :-)
        PII 374(300), 64Mb RAM, Abit LX6, G400 32Mb DH.

Comment

Descent 3 patch is out- What about EMBM support?

I know this was just released but could someone verify whether the new patch has EMBM support? If it does I will get the game this weekend. Thanks.
          p3-500, 128mb, g400max, wd hd, promise, 3com

Comment

Help....
            I downloaded and installed the patch then
            added the "-bumped" command line. I type the cheat code for "chase view", but my ship and the robots all have a "pixelated rainbow effect". My G400 runs all other EMBM games just fine.....
            My system is :
            PIII 450mhz
            196 megs Sdram
            Matrox G400(vanilla-Retail from Matrox)

Comment

Nevermind. It is fixed now....
              I reinstalled D3 but instead of downloading
              the actual ".exe" patch - I selected the auto-update button at the setup menu, and now everything works fine.
              This game looks excellent with EMBM.

I hope that add EMBM to more areas of D3...

Comment

I tried what you did, bturner, I selected the auto-update button at the setup menu. But it says I'm up-to-date! I've got version 1.0.0 and it says v. 1.0.0 is the lates. What's up with this?

BTW I hope they don't add any more EMBM, that would make the game loose much FPS.

[This message has been edited by tish (edited 08-29-1999).]

Comment

Can someone please help me with this one? It don't wanto patch my Descent 3!

Thanks in advance,
                  Fish.

Comment

Working...
                  X