Expendable EMBM with 5.21 driver....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expendable EMBM with 5.21 driver....

I just installed the new 5.21 drivers and now Expendable with the _official_ Matrox EMBM patch won´t start anymore. After reinstalling the game everything works fine but without EMBM. Anyone with the same problem?

Halbgott

I can tell you that in my case the game is not running at all, neither with nor without the patch. The problem is known to RAGE, they list it in their FAQ but there's no solution at the moment. They say it might be an issue with some very high end equip. like PIII CPUs, lots of RAM...

Comment

Kay,

I was having the same problem with Expendable, with it crashing back to the desktop and sometimes getting the OUT_OF_VIDEO_MEMORY error, but I finally got it fixed. I had to reinstall Win98 to get it to work, but it runs now.

Just as a few suggestions:

1) I had DirectX 7.0 Beta installed before, which may have been the problem.
      2) Try changing the resolution and bit-depth in the setup to match your desktop.
      PII 400Mhz, 64Mb pc100, G400 32Mb DH, 40x CD-ROM, USB Zip100, 12GB HD, Diamond MX300, Win98

Comment

Working...
      X