Mil G200 SGram Upgrade...Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mil G200 SGram Upgrade...Help!

Can anybody tell me where to find or give me any info regaurding the performance increace you get from an *Mb SGRam upgrade?

I beleive it gives you more colours at higher resolutions and enables you to do tripple bufering, tho I think my 8Mb Millenium G200 can do tripple buffering anyway.

Basically, primarily from a gaming slant, is it worth shelling out for the 8Mb upgrade?...Will I see many more FPS in my games?

FraZomBie, if I were you, I wouldn't bother with the memory upgrade unless you're doing some heavy-duty CAD work or other intense image editing, etc. You won't see a noticeable improvement in gaming environments. However, one important thing to note is this: it has been shown by many on this forum (myself included) that you may decrease the max speed your card is stable at when overclocking if you use the 8MB memory upgrade. Hope this helps some... If you decide that you still wnat the memory, just go to pricewatch.com and you can search for the lowest price.

Cheers!

------------------
    The Silicon Prophet
    (aka Manex)

ABIT BH-6, Celeron 300A @ 450 MHz, 128MB RAM, Millenium G200 16MB, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, SB LIVE!, Adaptec AHA-2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, 3COM Etherlink XL PCI, US Robotics Sporster 33.6 Fax/Modem, IOMEGA ZIP 100 SCSI, Motorola Cybersurfr Wave cable modem

[This message has been edited by Silicon Prophet (edited 08-30-1999).]

Comment

Working...
    X