No announcement yet.

The G400 still sucks at Quake 3. Why??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The G400 still sucks at Quake 3. Why??

One person asked if the problems got solved with Open Gl and G400 and was told yes and to go to following website: http://www.ixbt-labs.com/archive/july99.shtml

But this site clearly states that the performance in Quake 2 is o.k. but in Quake 3 it really sucks again.
    So whats going on here?
    Quake 2 is an old engine and I am more interested in Quake 3 which is a superb game.
    Any explanations on this forum about this weird behavior??

I suppose that person was me

The only thing I was trying to point out was that the drivers are being developed, the performance has increased, so it´s possible to push more performance for the G400 in OGL than that currently available. And that was one driver revision afer the current ones (5.13.021 vs 5.13.020), surely not the one to be released.

I´ll answer your question with another question: Why do all voodoo cards fly when running minigl but have so-so performance with the full (beta) ICD?

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 08-19-1999).]

Comment

It has been the concencus of everyone (myself included) who has tried Q3 on a G400, that it in no way sucks. Gameplay is smooth and fluid. Anyone who trys the timedemo and compares that to actual play has agreed that the timedemo is still extremely flawed in Q3. I can run a demo that will report horrible numbers, but never see that kind of performance while actually playing the game.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello!

Comment

You want to know why Q3 sucks for me?
            I'll tell ya, it freezes on the demos, freezes in a game either at start or five minutes into a game. All it does is freezes on my system. Same with Unreal.

BUT I am still happy with my G400 looks great in Kingdoms!

------------------
            Celeron 366->550, 128 MB RAM, 10.1 IBM Deskstar, MX300, G400 vanilla, HP 8100i CD-RW

Comment

Jiahd: If I were you,I would try to bring your celery back to 366 before you complain about the G400 in that way. i have a 450A, and if I set it to 2.0v, it´ll do exactly the same thing. 2,2v do the trick.

Comment

The problem lies with the MX300 not with the G400.
                I own a MX300 myself and after using the latest ref. drivers i have problems with Xwing Alliance Patch 2.02, Dungeon Keeper 2 patch 1.50. I also had similar problems with Q3.
                I own now a SB Life and things start to work again.

Comment

The problem lies with the MX300 not with the G400.
                  I own a MX300 myself and after using the latest ref. drivers i have problems with Xwing Alliance Patch 2.02, Dungeon Keeper 2 patch 1.50. I also had similar problems with Q3.
                  I own now a SB Life and things start to work again.

Comment

Working...
                  X