No announcement yet.

w/ New 400Max, keep old voodoo2 card???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w/ New 400Max, keep old voodoo2 card???

I am about to recieve my G400Max. What I was wondering was if the Max will support all of the old games I have(none specific in question). If not, is it worth keeping my diamond monster II (voodoo2 chipset) for older game support? I would prefer to not waste another irq and resources if the Max is sufficient...

Thanx,
    Jeremy

I don't think the V2 needs an IRQ.

Comment

V2 uses no IRQ.

But I would still take it out, to open up the PCI slot, and reduce heat in the case.

Unless you play some glide-only games, you will probably find, that like the rest of us, your V2 will not get much use anymore with a G400 in the box...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Damn - is that what the thing is with all the chips on..

oh yeah..

I remember - I put that in there ages and ages ago....

wow....

Hey...<a href="Http:///www.g200.com/Files/xgl200_0.04a.zip">XGL200 .04a Glide Wrapper</a>

that does Voodoo (Glide) shite...

Well.... Out it comes..

off comes the dust

(cough cough cough)

hehe - a relic!

------------------
        Phil (MURC's G200 : WWW.G200.COM

[This message has been edited by Phil MURC (edited 08-25-1999).]

Comment

Thanx for the help everyone,
          Jeremy

Comment

I have both the MAX and a voodoo2 aswell. Id advise keeping the Voodoo2 The MAX runs better than great but U'll NEVER be able to play TRIBES (for example) on your MAX, as even in 640x480 U'll be lukcy to get over 17fps (due to TRIBES horrible OpenGl, combined with the G400 OpenGL). Plus U never know when another Glide dependant game will be released.

btw whats up with Tiberian Sun...Its the same damn game, with colored lighting, cheezy sprites, and "mock" 3d terrain...5 Freakin years!!!....Someone was playing too much Half-life

Comment

Working...
            X