Drakan crashing to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drakan crashing to desktop

I played through the first two levels of Drakan fine. Now the game has started dumping me back to the desktop occasionally. My computer doesn't lock up or anything, it just goes back to the desktop. I also have a Voodoo2 card installed, and when I switched to it the game played fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

------------------
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have just begin to play it, on first level.
    What version do you have? Have you bought it or get it "somewhere else"?
    If you got it "somewhere else", there is a fix availble, about 500k big, dont know yet what it fix but check it out. Can be found at www.churchi.com
    -maxie-

Comment

If you got it "somewhere else", there is a fix availble, about 500k big, dont know yet what it fix but check it out. Can be found at www.churchi.com

However, it looks like a really nice game, great graphics. Runs fine at 800x600x32bit on my g200.
      -maxie-

Comment

However, it looks like a really nice game, great graphics. Runs fine at 800x600x32bit on my g200.
        -maxie-

Comment

Yea, I "bought" it from EB. It is the final retail version. I'm not sure what could be causing this now. Especially since the game played well through the first few levels with no trouble.

Comment

What sound card do you have? I have had problems with that game and crashes too... I think it is my sound drivers.
            p3-500, 128mb, g400max, wd hd, promise, 3com

Comment

What sound card do you have? I have had problems with that game and crashes too... I think it is my sound drivers.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I have a Diamond MX300 sound card. I tried disabling the sound in the Drakan Engine startup menu, but the game still crashed. After further playing, I've found that the crashes would happen in the same area of the Grimstone mine search over and over again. I left the game running by itself for almost 2 hours and it didn't crash at all. Then I went to the same spot and it crashed again. I then switched to my V2 card and played past the area. I switched back to the G400 and everything was fine for a little while and then the game suddenly crashed back to the desktop while I was attempting a quick save. Of course that corrupted my save file so I had to start from an earlier save position. I wish I could resolve this because the game looks a 100 times better on the G400 card and plays faster too, but its hard to enjoy playing when the game could crash at any momoment.

Comment

Don't quote me on this, but I think Drakan has issues with your soundcard. I am pretty sure of it. This mine, oddly enough, I think is where I kept on crashing too. And I have a TNT (for one more day)

Comment

sorry multiple posts

[This message has been edited by Ozymandis (edited 08-23-1999).]

Comment

Don't quote me on this, but I think Drakan has issues with your soundcard. I am pretty sure of it. This mine, oddly enough, I think is where I kept on crashing too. And I have a TNT (for one more day)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X