Matrox Marvel G200, or.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Marvel G200, or.....?

I'm going to be building a computer for my church that will be hooked into the A/V system. They have a powerful audei system and a visual that consists of a SHARP LCD projector and SVHS VCR. They've been hooking a laptop upto the projector for the powerpoint displays.

Anyway, they want to edit digital video in from a Camcorder and and put out video and TV to the Projector.

What should I get? We've been thinking of a Marvel G200, but is that the best solution? The Marvel is over a year old now, isn't it? We don't want to spend much more than the cost of a Marvel.

Suggestions?

Oh, I forgot to mention that the system will be a PIII 450, ABIT BE6 with ATA66, Maxtor 6800Plus ATA66 7200RPM, Panasonic 6x slot load DVD, 64Mb PC100 RAM, etc...

Is there a compatability issue here?

Comment

The best solution is to get DV or Digital8 camcorder and DV card. This ensures the best possible quality.

But it costs much more than Hi8 camcorder and Marvel.

Considering playback stage, don't you think that MPEG2 file playback instead the SVHS VCR is better and will look better? Consider possible tape wear, after multiple playbacks.

MPEG2 software encoder and hardware decoder cost less than SVHS VCR: $ 200 for software, and $70 for a very good TV quality Hollywood+ MPEG2 card.

PC specifications look well suitable for both Marvel and DV solutions.

Grigory

Comment

Working...
      X