• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editing video on non-matrox cards

Is it possible to edit *.avi files on
    pc's equipped with non-matrox cards ?

Well:

Some students of mine has access to the school computer with the marvel 200 installed. They are supposed to make a movie from different film clips. So if it is possible to use the marvel equipped pc for recording and for the final output to a vhs-video tape and then use their own pc for editing etc. then they would have a much easier job since we only have one pc with a marvel 200 pc. One of the students even have a matrox millenium g200 agp graphics card in the home pc ( without tv-out or in )
    I have allready tried to read the *.avi file from the portable harddisk, but I can not read the file. Though I can read a file created as a videofile.
    regards
    Finn Lysell

Comment

Go to www.morgan-multimedia.com and download software MJPEG codec. There is supporting information also.

Good luck,

Grigory

Comment

Uwe also wrote an "Idiots Guide" for the site explaining how to go about using 3rd party codecs.
        http://idiots-guide.matroxusers.com/guides/codec.html

[This message has been edited by This_Idiot (edited 09-15-1999).]

Comment

Yes it is. Allthough much depends on what you want to do exactly! Please provide more info and let us see what were dealing with here.

Ghydda
          As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
          My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
          |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Thank you very much both of you. Now I can read and edit the files.
            Now I only have to try and generate a video-file on the marvel 200.

Finn

Comment

Working...
            X