avi_io solved any problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avi_io solved any problems?

I know Marcus has been praised many times for this wonderful piece of software but I'm sure a bit more won't do him any harm.

It solved all my problems too, the Marvel was practically useless until I tried avi_io and I had no hesitation in parting with £15 for the full product. And no, I'm not on commission, I just like to give credit where it's due.

Thanks again Marcus.

[This message has been edited by ScottV (edited 09-15-1999).]

Hey, let me jump on the praise bandwagon here! Have used AVI_IO since its initial release and it is terrific. I just wish Marcus would compelte the IO part!

Jack

Comment

The 2 things that AV_IO excels at are minimal frame drop across multile file captures (like none usually), and the fact that the complex algorithms Markus uses for audio sample capture locks the audio to the video absolutely rock solid.

It also supports a whole range of capture cards, not just Matrox, and Markus is a perfectionist - he won't release until he's happy that the product is solid (I should know, I helped beta test the Matrox version).

Markus is working on the player side of AV_IO, I had a beta to test out a few weeks back. I don't know if the interface will change for the release version tho.

Comment

count me in for singing the praises of avi_io.

few weeks ago someone sugested to someone else right here in this forum to try avi_io and I downloaded the demo and hve since then purchased it.

Comment

avi_io solved any problems?

I just got it downloaded (trial version) and up and running and can now capture at 30fps and keep sync.! (at least in 4 min. sections). Since it's capturing at exactly 30fps it should work better under cut-list editing. I'm also hoping that I have less frame skips since it doesn't have to convert my 30.018fps to 30fps when rendering a project. Any other users have any miracle things happen when using avi_io?

Comment

Purchased my copy a few days ago. I like being able to change the frame capture rate, and the "pause capture" option. Very good product.

- Aryko

Comment

Working...
            X