Matrox G400 Max (OpenGL ICD) Need Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 Max (OpenGL ICD) Need Info

I've been looking into getting a G400 Max for some time now, I know that the 2d part of the card can't be beat as well as direct3d. The problem i have is the performance of the g400 max in opengl games, every review i saw stated that the card fell way short when comparing it to a v3 or the tnt2u.. I know that this card is not intended only for gaming purposes, but... my question is, First, will matrox improve the Opengl performance of the card by releasing a new icd? if so, when can we see a significant improvement? Second, how much room of improvement lies within th g400 max (Opengl apps and games)
    Thanx... Federico

At last! somebody answered me
    Thanx for the info.

Comment

You´re welcome

Feel free to post any of your concerns, I´m sure people around will answer.

Comment

From what I´ve heard (still waiting for my G400... It will arrive this friday YES! YES! YES! ) the current OGL performance is nothing to be ashamed of. It reaches TNT2 and V3 levels at 1024x768 and above. With a card like the G400 (or TNT2 or V3) surely there isn´t a point playing in lower resolutions, right?

About driver future releases, new drivers are coming very soon (5.20, I guess), and the permormance boost in OGL is nothing short of incredible - for quake2. Several people have been able to disclosure benchmark numbers running with this drivers. See http://www.ixbt-labs.com/archive/july99.shtml and see the difference (and that was with 5.13.021, so imagine what 5.20.xxx can do...)

Comment

Working...
        X