T A Kingdoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T A Kingdoms

Has anyone tried total annihilation kingdoms yet? Great game, but it does all sorts of crazy stuff on the G-200.
    The opening moving and loading screen have these triangels bouncing around and the game runs like crap once you reach over 30 building and 30 units.
    If anyone has tried the game anything you have to offer may be usful, or at the very least appreciated.
    Thanks all

Hunts

Set rendering to software only until Matrox or CaveDog gets out a fix. This has been reported and confirmed my Matrox.

Comment

The problems with kingdoms isn't that bad. For me. I only get problems with 2D (movies menus) but the game itself works 100% perfect. Albeit slow, it still works. This isnt Matrox's fault, most all cards have trouble with kingdoms in D3d (TNT2, etc.)
      so you can still use D3d in multiplayer cause you dont see any movies.
      Assuming You have the same problems as me

Comment

Definitely a G200 thing, since my G400 works fine on it.

- Gurm

P.S. I'm trying to be helpful, not bragging. Honest.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Hay again, thanks for your support guys. I found it was still slow even in software which is why I was complaining in the frist place :-( Never the less (sorry matrox) I went out and got a VOODOO 3 3000. SWEET, although it's like you said... TA Kingdoms runs slow on all video cards past a certan amount of units. I guess we can only hope that cavedog inc. can figure out a way of fixing it.
          P.S. Even though I'm running 3DFX I'm plaing to continue browsing this site, and ofcoures the news group. I hope theres no hard feelings :-) just wanted more than D3D or a beta open gl icd.
          Bye for now, and thanks again,
          Hunts

Comment

Umm... you got a V3 for the "non-beta icd"? ARE YOU HIGH?

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I'm having a hard time understanding how people think this is a great game. The graphics of the units are bad. The map pauses every time you scroll quickly across it. And the resources are not perrishable making the game last hours if not forever. Build a strong defense, then kick back and what your guys defend for the next couple of days. The strategy seems real poor compared to Starcraft. Just my opinion, enlighten me.

- DJ
              My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
              128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

When Starcraft was made, Blizzard wanted everyone to be able to play it... including my old 486(ugh) So since Starcraft is 'simple' compared to TA, Starcraft had more sales
                ------------------
                ----------------
                Pentium II 350mhz (@412 4*103) 256PC100 Ram, 8.4gig WD, Millenium G200 8MB @ 118 MOC(Soon to be regular 32mb G400 =), Diamond MX300

[This message has been edited by Paradox (edited 07-23-99).]
                hi

Comment

Grum,

Yes I have a voodoo 3, but it isn't me who has the open gl icd beta, it's the users of the matrox G-200.
                  Sorry to spam the news group here just had to fill grum in on what was going on :-)
                  As far as Ta Kingdoms being crap I would have to agree with Paradox on that one. To ther best of my knowlegde it's the frist and only stratagy game of it's kind that supports hardware aceleration, in my opinion making it far better graphics than any stratagy game has done with software.
                  Anyhow got company, got to go.

------------------
                  Hunter

Comment

Starcraft, simple? OK. TA Kingdoms may use some of your 3D accelerator's features, but that doesn't mean it's going to be fast, in fact that doesn't mean it's a good game. If you want to compare Starcraft to TA.

1. Starcraft has better graphics.
                    2. Better Strategy.
                    3. Runs MUCH better, faster.

TA has detailed landscapes but at a extreme cost, and the characters look pretty bad in there polygoned state. Not to mention there is obviously very little thought put into the units themselves in TA, where starcraft has intense strateigic meaning behind every unit and every function a unit performs.

I can understand that someone appreciates the technical advances this game is trying to accompolish, or even the theme, and I'm sure certain people have fun playing it, I just don't see why some people think it's a great game, I guess I'm coming from a RTS point of view. And from a RTS point of view I do think the game is crap. From a sit down and randomly bang up other people in your own little simple war, I guess I could conceed the game is adequate.

- DJ

My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
                    128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

A. It's GURM. Rhymes with WORM.
                      B. You are a sadly confused little man. Your Voodoo3 card has an OpenGL wrapper disguised as an ICD. It has taken 3dfx 4 years to produce a working OpenGL ICD, and it still can only run Quake3. Try running a nice OpenGL test on it. Like Glaze. I dare ya. It won't even F-ING RUN.

Moron.

- Gurm

Comment

I also have the same problem (triangle flipping)when playing movie and in the opening screen in TA:Kingdom. Actually it is my second game have the EXACT same problem. The previous is TOCA 2 (BTCC racing). So are there any way to correct this?

Comment

djroberts, TA:K is definitely worse than both Starcraft and TA. Notice the difference between TA and TA:K. As to whether or not Starcraft or TA is better, my opinion is that TA is better. I've got a whole debate lined up as to why I think TA is better, but since all of us have different tastes, it would just be a waste of time

Comment

I agree that TA:K is not a good strategy game, I must admit I do think Starcraft is the best RTS game ever made. It just seems to have a level of strategic complexity not found in other games. I can respect the original TA though.

- Jay

Comment

I agree that TA:K is not a good strategy game, I must admit I do think Starcraft is the best RTS game ever made. It just seems to have a level of strategic complexity not found in other games. I can respect the original TA though.

- Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X