Hardware DVD software refuse to install(now) on a Marvel G200-TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware DVD software refuse to install(now) on a Marvel G200-TV

This is the reply Matrox send me but I don't think it will resolve the problem: (have'nt tried yet)

Hello Sir,

I need you to remove the video tools, display drivers, Zoran DVD players, video card and the DVD module from the system. pretend that you just got the cards anew. Install the video card and the DVD decoder card (attached to video card), its display drivers, its video tools and then the DVD player version 1.10 that came with the DVD decoder card.

Keep in mind that you should be using the 433m drivers and the VT121 video tools.

Saad

At 04:42 PM 9/9/99 , you wrote:

/*
    Hi! I've just receive my new Hardware DVD add-on. I've install it (physicaly), start-up the PC and the powerdesk found it instantly. Now, I've installed the driver/player with the CD included.

1) The program ask me to choose a region
    2) The program restart my computer
    3) The program installed SoftDVD
    4) The DVD was playing correctly

But, there was a problem with the subtitle. There where no way to remove it. It have two "kind" of subtitle:
    - The normal one included "on-screen" with you can change the language and that you CAN remove with the DVD menu or the SoftDVD setting
    - The weird one with text in black box (like Close Caption on TV) that CANNOT be language changed or removed at all. (I've noticed at the begenning of the movie it was said subtitble was a courtosy of Regency bla bla... in the same black box at left-upper of the screen)

Anyway, this is just part of the problem.

I've noticed there on my Hardware DVD CD that the Zoran SoftDVD included was older than the one who come with my Matrox driver. So to try to fix the problem, i've try to make a kind of upgrade.

Installing Zoran SoftDVD2 (2.5 23_2.07) was a mess. First, it ask me to choose a region again. After coping files, got blue screen and GPF in the installation. After, i've play a bit in the configuration of SoftDVD2. I've noticed that there where more option enabled than with the "Hardware version".

Anyway, it was refuse to play DVD. So i've uninstall it. I've deleted all files in the corresponding folders.

There is where the problem REALLY BEGIN

I've put back (after rebooting) my Matrox Hardware DVD CD to reinstall the player correctly.

1) The install DID'NT ask me for a region
    2) The install DID'NT rebooted my PC
    3) The install start the Matrox DVD software (SoftDVD "hardware version")
    4) I've got the following message box: <STRONG>Your graphic board doesn't contain valid region
    information</STRONG>
    5) Pressing ok, and the install shut-down.

I've try lot and lot of things:

- Reflasing the G200 BIOS (ver. 2.6)
    - Reflasing my DVD drive firmware
    - Delete all the "zoran" & "softdvd" key with regedit
    - AND restoring (3 times) my GHOST file (backup utility) i've made just before all this and trying to re-install the hardware version.

But no one work, I always get the message Your graphic board doesn't contain valid region information

I think that the Hardware DVD dautherboard contain some kind of eeprom where is store the region. I don't know how it mess up, but if there is a way to reset this, please let me know!

So, I've payed 129$ CND but it not working anymore (it has work)

DESCRIPTION OF MY PC (HARDWARE / SOFTWARE)

***HARDWARE***
    CPU: AMD K6-III 450MHz @ 100x4.5
    M/B: AOpen AX59Pro rev. 1.5 (VIA MVP3 rev. CE chipset) with lastest bios 2.26
    RAM: 192MB PC-100 (64x3)
    HDD: 3 WD Caviar set on Primary master/slave and Secondary master
    DVD-ROM: MATSHITA DVD-ROM SR-8583 firmware C61f on secondary slave
    VIDEO: Matrox Marvel G200-TV AGP 16MB SDRAM with bios 2.6 - 20
    NETWORK: Linksys LNE100TX PCI ethernet card
    MODEM: SupraExpress 56i ISA
    SOUND: SoundBlaster AWE64 Value ISA
    and all the rest, floppy, printer, etc...

***SOFTWARE***
    O/S: Windows 98 SE French 4.10.2222 (fresh install)
    AGP driver: Lastest VIA GART ver. 3.55 installed in turbo mode (report to be at AGP 1x only by PCIList)
    Display driver: 4.11.01.2130
    Mini-VDD: 4.11.01.2130
    Powerdesk: 5.15.022
    Video Tools: 1.50b
    DirectDraw/3D: 4.11.01.2130
    Microsoft DirectX: 4.06.03.0518 (formaly DirectX 6.1a who come with Win98SE)

- NO powerdesk registry hack where used and no form of hacking too.
    - A GHOST file was made in pure DOS before installing all this and this and did'nt help, so that's why I think this is a hardware problem.
    - The movie tryed in my test was "Heat" witch is a dual-layer DVD

So if i took the time to make this message to you (Matrox Tech Support), please have the time to reply me.

Laurent Martin, Blainville (Québec)

e-mail: angel2167882@hotmail.com
    phone: (450) 478-xxxx ext. 8161 (day)
    (450) 434-xxxx (after 4h30 pm)

P.S. If you need my serial number(s) of the Marvel and/or the DVD add-on, just ask me

P.P.S. Sorry about my english, i'm a french guy
    */

Please email me with the result/outcome of the procedure.

Thank you kindly for your cooperation.

Saad Khoury
    MGI Technical Support

Matrox Graphics Inc.
    1025 St-Regis Dorval, Quebec CANADA H9P2T4
    e-mail: skhoury@matrox.com
    Fax: 514-822-6363
    Please quote all previous messages when sending replies.
    If you want more information please visit our TECHNICAL ON-LINE WIZARD AT : <A HREF="http://www.matrox.com/cgi-bin/mga/tech_support/wizard/tech_wiz.cgi]http://www.matrox.com/cgi-bin/mga/tech_support/wizard/tech_wiz.cgi[/URL" TARGET=_blank>
    You should also go through our helpful faq's at : [URL=http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/faq/home.htm]http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/faq/home.htm</A>
    Laurent Martin
    angel2167882@hotmail.com

---
    System Configuration (this is my personnal server):

HARDWARE:
    - AMD K6-III 450MHz CPU (not o/c)
    - AOpen AX59Pro SS7 m/b w/lastest BIOS (VIA MVP3 CE rev. chipset)
    - 256MB RAM PC100
    - Matrox Marvel G200-TV (lastest BIOS) w/16MB & hardware DVD decoder (still don't know why I bought the DVD decoder crap) :-p
    - SB16 ISA
    - Maxtor 8.4Gb x 2 (PM & PS)
    - Yamaha CDE2100E burner (SM)
    - Mitsumi 48X CD-ROM (SS)
    - Promise Ultra66 w/ 2 Maxtor 20Gb (1 master on each channel)
    - LinkSys 100Mbit/s Ethernet card
    - SMC 8019 10Mbit/s Ethernet card w/ Cable modem
    - SupraExpress 56i ISA modem
    - And all the rest...

SOFTWARE:
    - Windows 2000 Professional SP2 French
    - All the lastest VIA drivers
    - DirectX 8.0a w/ Video Add-on patch
    - Matrox PowerDesk + VideoTools (version changing frequently) ;-)
    - IE 5.5
    - Internet Connetion Sharing Server
    - FTP Server (IIS)
    - Maxtor 20Gb stripped using software Win2k RAID

Hi,

Well can you try what Matrox suggested first?
    There answer seems to be very reasonable and might actually fix the problem.

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

Working...
    X