Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find Glide2x.dll for G400

Hi

I have a Millenium G400 32MB OEM 300MHZ DUAL HEAD AGP ATX and I have many games that ask for the file Glide2x.dll but I can not find any. Someone please help!!

Glide is a 3D API specifically supported by 3dfx graphics boards. You should not be running in Glide mode but Direct3D or OpenGL.

Comment

Thanx for your help Ant but I have recently got a N64 emulator which asks for glide2x.dll when I run it. I have managed to find it off the internet designed for the G200 but it ran slowly and jumpy. Is there something I can do to stop this

Comment

No.
        It's written for Glide.
        Only 3dfx cards run Glide in a decent manner.
        There are some Glide wrappers, but they never run well, and usually are missing major features.

If you want to play N64 games, you'll either need to get a 3dfx card, or an N64
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

There is a good Glide > D3D wrapper that works well with the N64 emulator I'll try and find it.

Comment

The File you're looking for is the latest version of XGL200 Which is now at version 4a I believe.
            Take a look at this site, which generally covers all sorts of Glide isssues on non-glide hardware.

<A HREF="htttp://www.glideunderground.com"> Glide Underground </A>

Look at the "recent files" link at the top, its currently number 9.

Scott Cutler is the person who writes it, but since getting a job at a "not to be named" video company, he only works on it occasionally.

Performance is up there with a VooDoo 1 on my Computer, (G200, K6-2 350)

Colin
            You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

Thanks Colin for telling me about the xgl200, it works fine but on some games it crashes and on others the sound can be quite jumpy. Can I change the settings to speed it up and stop it from crashing?

Comment

Working...
              X