Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

g200 + 5.13 + half life = (please see inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g200 + 5.13 + half life = (please see inside)

It's weird. If I move the mouse violently (hey, you gotta do it, sometimes), I get a flickering white box where the cursor is. When I stop the mouse movement (or if I use the keyboard instead), it goes away.

What am I seeing here? Is the cursor refresh lagging behind the game? Maybe for some reason I have a software cursor so it is updating "onscreen" instead of at the hardware level?

Bill
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

I can't tell you what's causing it but I can tell you you're not alone. I have seen that same box too. I know I've seen it in D3D mode. Not sure if I've ever seen it with OpenGL.

Comment

I can't tell you what's causing it but I can tell you you're not alone. I have seen that same box too. I know I've seen it in D3D mode. Not sure if I've ever seen it with OpenGL.

------------------
      Walter
      PII 300 @ 338MHz (sometimes), ABit LX6, 192 MB, Mystique G200 16MB, SB64PCI (well Ensonique really), WD 6.4GB & 1GB, 3Com ISDN TA with USB & working ISDN line. Oh yeah, and 7 fans of various size in full tower case.

Comment

I can't tell you what's causing it but I can tell you you're not alone. I have seen that same box too using my G200. I know I've seen it in D3D mode. Not sure if I've ever seen it with OpenGL.

------------------
        Walter
        PII 300 @ 338MHz (sometimes), ABit LX6, 192 MB, Mystique G200 16MB, SB64PCI (well Ensonique really), WD 6.4GB & 1GB, 3Com ISDN TA with USB & working ISDN line. Oh yeah, and 7 fans of various size in full tower case.

Comment

Well, hardware cursor is a PowerDesk option. My only advice is to go play with it.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Wombat:

Sorry, I don't see the option. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me where it is.

Thanks,

Bill
            People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

I have same problem with d3d.Larry

Comment

Working...
              X