• Show
Clear All

• G200 and/or Voodoo-II

Hi,

I just installed the Marvel G200 instead
    of my old Mill-II. With the old one, I
    used a Voodoo-II from Diamond. Everthing
    was fine. So, is it possible or clever to
    user the Voodoo-II TOGEHTHER with the G200.
    How is the performance? Does anybody have
    experiences with the two boards together?

Hi Vader, I ran the Marvel and a voodoo2 for months without any problems. But I took the voodoo2 out a few months ago and play all games with d3d if I can. For the opengl games the new drivers work very well. I much prefer the screen quality without the voodoo2. Use the 4.33 drivers until Matrox gets the video tools working with the newest ones. Good Luck.

Comment

I'm using that setup now. No hassles other than the fact that in Quake3 I can't select the Voodoo as the display. But I probably screwed something up to cause that so it's not necessarily going to happen to you.

The boards are a Matrox Marvel G200TVO and a Diamond Monster 3D2 12MB.

Comment

I'm running a similar rig as well... I've got my G200 hooked up to the BNC inputs on my monitor and the V2 to the 15pin socket, basically I just toggle between them as I see fit. As ttd said, the G200's quality is far superior, but in some cases there's too much framing, so I switch to the V2, simple and works well for me...

------------------
        Celeron 300A@464, BH6(LN), 128MB Corsair CAS2 PC100, MillG200, 12MB V2, SBLive!Value, 4.3GB + 8.4GB Fireball CRs, 10Mb Netgear NIC, Internal ZIP100, ViewSonic PS775
        Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Working...
        X