X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read This! Important.....

Greetings,

The fact remains that certain people from both sides(good and bad, you decide which) continue to flame each other shows me that they have this compelling need to feel superior over the next person. It's getting really old folks. Aren't you tired of the same old bullshit? I am!
    Why don't you folks try something new like...ummm...posting a reasonable answer back to somebody! Even if they are acting like a complete idiot. Most of the time, people will jump on the bandwagon and act fairly reasonable after sometime. I don't need to name anybody because I feel this should be a general message to everyone. Please folks, lets debate on something semi-intelligent instead of bitching back and forth constantly about stupid shit. I haven't even been coming here as much lately becuase it's turned into one big "I'm better than you" crap! I know it's effecting others because a lot of the normal posters are becoming scarce. You folks will regret it if these people quit coming around. They post tons of great info and they encourage a good following of people at this site. I used to hear how this was the best forum on the net, no childish crap, intelligent debates, etc...but now it's starting to sound like all of the rest.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Quite right Dave. I've been a little distracted from the forums these last few days sorting out a new server. I am now going through and banning trouble causers.

Comment

Just so long as the regular regulars are still around to answer questions, these forums will remain invaluable.
      Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

I'm new to these forums and thought it was normal and therefore quite entertainting. No I've not heard about these forums before (the thing about it being the best on the net).

That banning trouble causers thing made me think twice about posting this message, and messages in the future, I hope every member read this.

¦ )

Comment

Unfortunately, it is normal - in any forum like this.... mailing lists, forums, anything open to the inane ramblings of people that seem to get a kick out of bugging everyone.

I hope you do notice that as an admin, Ant does his best to keep his distance from the content and I, as a moderator, do the same. Only when it totally breaks down (i.e. the functionality of the service or the the service being inundated with space wasting ramblings) will we take action.

DJroberts is typical of the type of person we have seen in these forums that get a kick out of causing trouble. He'll rejoin with another name and email - he's bound too - it's something we are pretty powerless to stop. Just PLEASE remember to contact either Ant or myself if things get nasty, we can't tell any of you what to do and don't want to - but we can try and keep the service available for those that get benefit from it.

------------------
          Phil (MURC's G200 : WWW.G200.COM

[This message has been edited by Phil MURC (edited 08-09-99).]

Comment

Yes it is very common for an influx of lameness to sweep over a forum. 2 out of 3 forums I visit frequently have been consumed in flaming for the past couple weeks and it gets really annoying.

Comment

Working...
            X