This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To get into Jorden's Guess What?? There's no patch Thread do this

In Netscape go to > EDIT > Preferences > Advanced - and uncheck (Enable JavaScript) then click OK.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

In IE goto Tools/Internet Options/Security/Custom/ and under "scripting" disable Active Scripting. While you are there make sure you select disable or prompt for allow paste via script. When you are done, make sure that you re-enable Active Scripting, as alot of webpages rely on this to work properly.

Rags

Comment

Sounds easy enough.

But dj and his BS ain't worth the trouble.

Comment

You know, DJ, that is not a security flaw. You haven't done anything exciting or new with that. Yes, some HTML are allowed in our posts, but abusing it with java script pop-ups is going to do nothing but get it turned off. The only thing that you can do is make pop ups, and use href.'s. Anything you put up I can stop. And you are wrong, if you hit the stop button immediately after the wonder message, you will not get to read any posts after yours.

Rags

Comment

Geez, your still on this. I'm just stopping by the house and wanted to see. Actually, the stop button does work but it requires a bit of timing, nevermind, do it your way. You're also wrong about the alerts and hrefs. For one, if I can href, I can send you to any site containing any script I want. For IE Users on low security, I could run VB Script which can be potentially damaging. Also, I can access other objects on there page, how would you like the cookie that stores your password to be taken then posted to another site that captures and stores it. Just a thought.

Rags, please don't speculate what can be done, you lack the mental capacity to do so.

- DJ

My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
          128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

Listen, Junior, I can take you on any day of the week. Just because you know some html, doesn't mean you are god of the world. HTML, you call that engineering? I wonder who is going to be in your homeroom at school this fall.

Rags

Comment

It's obviously a security flaw with the system. I could do much worse then that. But of course if I made a thread about it without proving it, you would proabably consider it flame bait...

Oh, and all those instructions are a little extreme. All you need to do is hover the stop button during the Alert box, then hit space bar and immediatly click stop. I know it works in IE.

- DJ

[This message has been edited by djroberts (edited 08-07-99).]

Comment

Take me on in what fashion?

First of all it's not HTML, it's JavaScript moron. Secondly, just becuase that's what I'm using right now, doesn't mean that's all I know or that it's what I do. It's typical of someone with a limited scope like yourself to assume that's what I do. You couldn't even begin to fathom what I do.

A friend of mine is a phsycologist, I have a question for you. Do you have a lady friend? You know, girlfriend, are you married?

His analysis of your mentality has told me chances are slim. It's more likely the computer is you girlfriend.

- DJ

[This message has been edited by djroberts (edited 08-08-99).]

Comment

I don't want to even delve into what it is you do, I asked what kind of software you engineer, you give HTML (oh, and yes, javascript is accepted as an addition to HTML), I know what JavaScript is, and I know how to do the simple stuff you show. The fact that you are going to a shrink tells everyone alot. Yes, I am married and I have a daughter. If you like, ALBPM can post a link to my wedding pictures. You are no engineer, you are nothing.

Rags

Comment

as i have nothing better to do all day i will continue to enjoy reading these "nice" post's. it only reinforces my over all idea that people are ego ruled ****ole's who have nothing better to do but bitch at each other and the main subjet being " im better than you, naw naw naw naw naw naw."

------------------
                    Noel C Ridge Jr.(im tired and boared but i go on.(my friends think im nuts, i keep telling them im just insane.)

Comment

Working...
                    X