Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 and Super socket 7

I cant get my g200 card to run properly
    on my Asus P5a super socket 7 motherboard!
    Whats wrong? I am using all the latest
    drivers for my system!

Define 'not working properly', and we may be able to help.
    Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Download and flash your card with the latest Bios update. Be sure to install the latest VIA IRQ & AGP patches. Install directX 6.1. make sure you have extracted the 5.13 drivers to somewhere on your hard drive. Then download and run Matrox's Powerdesk Uninstaller. Follow the instruction from the uninstaller.

If you still have problems

1) Make sure that the G-200 has an IRQ to itself and there is no card in the 1st PCI slot.

2) Check for hardware duplicates in Device manager and networks in the control panel

3) Lastly, Disable AGP 2X with registry hacks. Older VIA chipsets (rev. CD) had some bugs.

Good luck and happy computing

------------------
      Mike H.

Watercooled AMD K6-3 450 @ 500 (100*5) Epox EP-MVP3G Rev. 1.0 Bios 7-16-99 128 Meg PC100 Matrox Marvel G-200 TV 16MB 5.15 Drivers SB Live! Full Retail Western Digital Caviar AC313000RTL

Mike H.

AMD Athlon 500 @ 750 (200*3.75) Asus K7M Rev. 1.04 Bios 12-9-99 128 Meg Corsair PC133 Matrox G-400 Dualhead 32MB 5.41 Drivers SB Live! Full Retail Western Digital Caviar ATA66 AC313000RTL

I can change the multiplier and voltage on your Athlon Processor!
      mikehdft@msn.com

Comment

Mike H gives good suggestions, even without more specific info on your problem. Do that stuff first.

I'm running a G200 on a SS7 system with no problems (see sig below)...I'd be happy to help if I could, but without details of the problems you're experiencing (that's a hint ), there's not much we can do...

[Stevie dear, could you post (or induce someone to post) a FAQ...I'd do it, but then I'll have rubank and dj and Meitsi back on my butt again for "policing the forum" and who needs that...?]

------------------
        Holly
        Finally free of that V2, because her Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333 not o/c, 256MB PC100, Mill. G200 8MB SGRAM, MX300, LS-120, Win98 works plenty good enough...'til she gets the G400/Athlon rig...[drool, drool... ]

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 08-06-99).]
        Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
        -Jay Bulworth

Comment

how do you tell what rev your MVP3 chip is?

Bill
          People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

Look at it. Next time you have your case off. The latest revision I know of has CE buried in the codes printed on it.

-Wombat

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thanks. Looks like mine has the date code followed by "CE," so it looks like I have a later rev. It also has "CE" elsewhere on the chip, but I can't remember where.

Bill

Comment

TealShark:

Thank God for internet radio. I live in New York City, but used to live in the SF Bay Area. I am a Sharks fan, too, and thanks to the internet, I don't miss a game.

Bill

Comment

I don't think you should be downloading any VIA stuff- the Asus P5A uses the Ali Aladin V AGPset, the BIOS I'm using is 1.07 tho' there's a newer one in Beta (I think). My Marvel G200 works fine on this board, but it did once try and put my G200, sound card, network card and USB hub on the same IRQ (even then most things worked except Avid Cinema). Hope this helps. As the regulars suggest, give some more details, they have a lot more knowledge than I and I have the same m'board as you, perhaps we can help you out.

Dave

Dave
                  Don't make me angry...

Comment

Working...
                  X