Expendable: My final thoughts on it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expendable: My final thoughts on it.

Ok, the Retail version of the game gave me a good solid 45+ fps without EMBM. The Matrox with EMBM gave me 25-30 on a good day. I just downloaded the demo version and at 1024X768 16-bit no EMBM I am getting well over 60+ FPS. Environmental bumpmapping is indeed a cool feature and in the future as game companies get a hang of how to program with it, I am sure it will kick ass, but as of right now Expendable with EMBM is pretty much unplayable with it enabled. I will install the Matrox w/o EMBMversion and run thorough benchmarks with the exact same settings as the demo version and post results, as well as include system specs.
    PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Hey,

Where did u get expendable with EMB? Is there a patch to apply EBM? Im talking about the demo here. Do u know the cheat codes to get the behind the player perspective? Please someone write back and tell me where to get "Expendable" with EBM patch(if there is 1)...and how do u use the cheats? What are tey to get the 1st person perspective. Thanx
    P3 500(not overclocked)
    128 MB PC100 SDRAM
    SE440BX-2 Motherboard by Intel
    Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
    Diamond MX300 Sound Card
    AOpen 40x CD ROM
    Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
    Motorola Cable Modem
    Matrox G400 32 OEM Single Head @150
    17" CRT Monitor
    Altec Lansing 2 Speakers and Sub

----CoolBreeze aka KAST----

Comment

HI Just wondering how do you do the timedemo? thanks
      I just finished d/l ing the embm patch for the retailversion tested it on 1280x1024 32Bit high detail......and it is VERY playable
      my system is P II 300@450,g400 32M,128Meg ram

Comment

I got the version that came bundled with my MAX and also play it at 1280x1024, 32bit, high detail......with the codes bod (-) and bucketofchicken (-) to play at ground level.
        The game is totally playable for me. I never notice any slowdowns, even in the heaviest shooting scenes (and boy there are some good ones). I know I've mention this before but the "Eye Candy" at this level is fantastic.

------------------
        G400 MAX, Cel 300a@464, BH6, 128M PC100 SDRAM, 18G WD Expert (7200),Iyama Pro 17, SB Live Value

Comment

Answer to CoolBreeze :

Yep, there is an EMBM patch for Expendable, but I don't know if it works with the demo version.

Grap it at (5,3 Mb) :

http://www.3dfiles.com/cgi-bin/dl-ftp.cgi?ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/games/patches/retail_exp_g400bump.zip

------------------
          Looking for G400 news, info, benches, downloads and tons more. Check out "http://trsdomain.homepage.dk"

Comment

How do you install the EMBM-patch with the oemversion of expendable?
            I've the retailpath with EMBM

Comment

Working...
            X