This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is NO EMBM patch for DK2!

I have spoken with EA and they have stated that they have heard absolutly nothing about a EMBM patch for Dungeon Keeper 2 and that they have no plans to make one. I ask, why then does Matrox advertise this patch will be available soon if it is not even planned. It is possible that EA doesn't know enough about there own company Bullfrog and they're up a creek, but I find the more likely scenario is that Matrox has mis communicated this feature in this game to us. If this is true, I am very dissapointed. I think this is a good game but one of the reasons I bought it was to check out the EMBM...

Another Juke.

- DJ
    My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
    128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

STFU

Comment

STFU?

Silly Toads Farting Uncontrollably

...oh

shut the **** up, I get it
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

is this more to the point?

Comment

With EMBM support

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Here's what they had to say about the resolutions not going pasted 800x600 even though the manual states it can. I'm starting to dislike EA.

Hello,

Unfortunately in the manual there was a misprint.

Thank you,
            Paul B.

- DJ

Comment

Ant,
              There you go. Your mature forum members acting responable as usual.

Oh well,
              I don't care any more. This is obviously not an 18 and up forum.

- DJ

Comment

"...but I find the more likely scenario is that Matrox has mis communicated this feature in this game to us"

you haven't really thought this out, have you. This is the reason I honored you with the Polis Sa

Comment

Looks like my reply got ate with the server melt-down, so here goes again...

"...but I find the more likely scenario is that Matrox has mis communicated this feature in this game to us."

You really haven't thought this out, have you? This is the reason I have honored you with a Polish Salute (no offense if you are in fact polish), told you to STFU. I understand you're "dissapointed" that you have not been able to try this feature in a game that you bought, but be patient. I seriously doubt Matrox would blatently lie about a game to be coming out with support for EMBM. This would be exposed almost immediately. I just think you asked the wrong people. I bet the person you talked to doesn't know the difference between EMBM and a modem string. I am sure they have no idea what the developers are doing at any one moment.

About the constant "..Which games...EMBM?" threads, Matrox has a list to look at, Kruzin has posted a link to it in at least one other thread that I know of. If there are games on that list, that you find don't support it, start a thread that lists all of the ones you found, but don't come here saying Big M is lying, because I don't buy it.

Have a wonderful day, DJ.

Matt

Comment

There is definitely a patch for DK2 coming, and yes we have bumped the water and the lava for starters... please don't post any more speculations,

Thanks,

------------------
                    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

"The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

M RagsDale,

Again, is it possible for Matrox to make a mistake? Am I severly bashing them for that statement? Yes and No. EA is a questionable company, anyone who has worked with them knows... My point is that my contact with EA states there is no patch. Although EA may have pulled one on Matrox, or my contact might be wrong, I found the most likely scenario would be that Matrox made a mistake. Don't get you panties bunched up over it. The world won't end every time Matrox makes a mistake, but people who buy Matrox products should hear about it.

Lastly, no I didn't put a lot of thought into it. Probably less time then it took you to come up with your sad acronym.

- DJ

p.s.
                      Give it up, what I said doesn't constitute telling someone to STFU. It was a childish comment posted by children. I'm sorry if your feelings get hurt every time someones flames Matrox.

Try working for Microsoft... People are a little more mature and tend to just deal with it.

Comment

I did speak with someone at Matrox via email about this. They said it is unfortunate that EA is the only feedback loop currently provided to bullfrogs plans of development, and that EA has answered my questions incorrectly. Matrox stated that a patch will be available and that they are working first hand with Bullfrog. I then contacted EA, and they again stated that there is no plan for a patch and that any talks with Matrox are just that. I'll give Matrox the benefit of the doubt and take back what I said about them. My new theory (Total Speculation) is that EA doesn't know it's head from it's ARS...

- DJ

Comment

DJ perhaps the kind of replies you get reflect something about the way you post. People who consistantly post flamebait get flamed that's life. If you want to know about EMBM with DK2 you would be best off asking the authors not the publisher. The authors have said there will be a patch to add EMBM.

Comment

The world ends every time you say something on these fori, DJ...

Maybe we should add your name to the FAQs and tell all people who buy Matrox products to walk miles around your name if it's shown somewhere in these fori.

Then again, we're the children here, and as you know, kids are very good at bullying.
                            You should have learned a lesson from all the black eyes you've had over these past few weeks, but then again, there's nothing you can teach a stubborn ass, is there??

Jorden, powered by SAM-18

------------------
                            Stupidity Reigns...

C64, BIG TV, 1541 Diskdrive, tapedrive, Final Cart3 and Action Replay IV
                            some 300 assorted disks and 150 tapes.

ICQ#9103941 (Auth. needed)

Jordâ„¢

Comment

ummmm...dj...?

Have you read r0m's profile...?

Isn't this discussion now over?

Although, if you like, we could cook you to extra-crispy...

--------------------
                              Holly, a voice of reason in an insane world...
                              Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                              -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Working...
                              X