G200 and Half Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 and Half Life

Can anyone tell me how to run half Life in OpenGL mode. When I select OpenGL it says my video card doesn't support OpenGL. I have D/Led the latest drivers also.

Did you use the Matrox uninstaller to get rid of your previous driver installations?

Comment

Yes I did unistall all previous drivers. I followed the uninstall and install intructions that are on Matrox's web site. I have the latest G200 driver and the latest Half Life version.

Thanks for any help

Comment

Is the opengl32.dll file in your \windows\system directory?, Do you have the latest BIOS? Have you tried other games that use OpenGL?

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I do have the latest BIOS installed and I do have opengl32.dll file in my \windows\system directory and it still will not work in openGL mode.

Comment

Do you have bus-mastering enabled? More importantly, do you have the G200 on its very own IRQ?
            This never happened to me, but I think other people have experienced this problem: not having the hardware acceleration ready to go will result in the error you received.

-Wombat

------------------
            503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, K6-2/350@400,RH6 & Win98,G200 Millenium (SGRAM), no plans to buy a G400

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

do not have solution..
              half life works very good with direct 3d but with open gl crashs.....
              i use k6 233 with m530 mother board

Comment

Working...
              X