GLQuake 0.97, OGL and Win95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLQuake 0.97, OGL and Win95

Forgive my naivety but when running GLQuake 0.97 under Win95 with the new OGL drivers why do the resolutions look the same even though I'm specifying 640x480 for one shortcut and 1024x768 with another. I'm pretty new to the GLQuake "world" so is there anything I'm doing wrong? I'm not trying to run it in a window either. Admittedly when I look at the video option settings in Quake it says I'm running at 640 or 1024 but it looks pretty similar to me! Any ideas? The command line I'm using is GLQUAKE -width 1024 -height 768 -bpp 16. Thanks!

Should be working ...

Do you have an OSD on your monitor ?

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
    Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

Maggi,

Yes I have an OSD. My monitor is an Iiyama Vision Master Pro 17". What difference does an OSD make?

Cheers

John

Comment

uh...your OSD will tell you without a doubt what resolution your monitor is displaying...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Oh I thought it was something more obscure than that. I'll have a look tonight and see what it says. Why does the resolution look the same though? Maybe its my eyesight ;-)

Thanks

John

Comment

It's just the game...it's old, and not very graphically detailed. The most noticable thing might be the text, getting smaller as the res increases...
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

GlQuake runs fine for me, but QuakeWorld locks up the computer. It works fine with the wrapper, but not with the actual ICD. Erg!

While I'm at it, does GlQuake give you corrupted and/or miscolored textures?

[This message has been edited by Wombat (edited 07-05-99).]
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hi Wombat,

I'm not sure about the textures issue as I've not played it enough under the new ICD. Will check tonight though and post tomorrow.

Cheers,

John

Comment

Put following commands into autoexec.cfg and see if you'll have nice rainbows appearing on textures:

r_dynamic 1
                  gl_flashblend 0

-Tumu, wanna ICD that'll do GLQuake's dynamic lights

Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
                  64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
                  Win98 finnish

Comment

I have rainbows on the textures but they aren't that pretty to me ;-) But that's not my highest priority right now. With GLQuake and the new OGL-ICD the sound gets delayed by a few seconds and that's REALLY anoying!! Does anyone else have this problem or maybe an solution?

- K6-2@400, G200, Epox mb, SB-PCI64...

Comment

_snd_mixahead .28

will fix the stuttering problem type it in the console or put in in quake\qw(id1)\autoexec.cfg

Comment

I can use Quake ay 800x600 32bpp maximum with my 8MB G200. I'm not sure why this is the limit, but 800x600 looks great.

The resolution of the menus are independant of the game graphics. This is covered in the README file that packs with GL Quake. It took me a while to realize that there actually was a difference between 640x480 and 800x600.

/ck

Comment

John, you do not need to type in -height xxxx. Only the width.

cya!

------------------
                          It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice. - Scooter

Comment

I wonder what the original resolution of the textures is?
                            chuck

------------------
                            (erstwhile cjolley) celery 333@500mz 2.2V, Abit BH6, 128meg@cas2 gh, 10gig IBM 7200rpm UltraStar, Princton EO75, SB Live Value, V3 2000 PCI (still waiting on my MAX!)

Comment

Whatever the Voodoo card was originally designed to support, I bet.
                              256x256?

-Wombat

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X